Wednesday 18 July 2012

[Maine-birds] 3 Piping Plover chicks Pine Point jetty nest

Went to Pine Point beach after work today like I do most days this time of year and observed 3 fluffy little Piping Plover chicks with mother at the nest site located near the jetty. As you all know, these little guys could use our help so if any birders are planning on birding in the area this weekend or anytime soon, maybe think about taking the time to check on the birds and talking to people involved in typical beach activities nearby. I know I will!
I stopped at the Lobster Co-op first and saw good numbers of Short-Billed Dowitchers, (probably 200, a juvenile Peregrine Falcon kept stirring them up so I could never really count them), made out about 50 Semipalmated Sandpipers, 1 Semi Plover, and 3 Black-Bellied Plovers. Keep in mind that I do not have a scope so I probably missed the rare stuff.
 
Bird haahd,
Noah Gibb

0 comments:

Post a Comment