Thursday 29 November 2012

[Maine-birds] Re: Scarborough


Hi,
I'm in Maine to visit family for a long weekend and I always check out this fantastic group when visiting.  I'm excited by all the Pine Grosbeak (and earlier Evening Grosbeak) sightings.  I'm hoping to see one or both species of birds this trip.  I'm staying in the Yarmouth area this trip, so if anyone knows of any sightings or good areas to check out in the Yarmouth/Scarborough/Freeport areas it will be much appreciated.
Thanks!

On Thursday, November 29, 2012 9:32:48 AM UTC-5, soundecology wrote:
With all the reports of Pine Grosbeaks I was surprised I hadn't turned any up until today. With a small flock of the Grosbeaks was another nice surprise this morning - a Red-bellied Woodpecker.
 
I've also been meaing to ask a question - Last week I saw a couple of crow harrassing a raven. I've seen this before. I assumed it to be crows protecting young, but seemingly no young now to protect. Protecting winter food? Just because they can? Feel free to respond off list.
 
Thanks.
Karen.
 
 
 
 

--
Maine birds mailing list
maine-birds@googlegroups.com
http://groups.google.com/group/maine-birds
https://sites.google.com/site/birding207

0 comments:

Post a Comment