Thursday 15 June 2017

[Maine-birds] Re: RFI: Pelagic Birds

Maine Audubon pelagic bird trip is Sept 17, 2017

On Saturday, June 3, 2017 at 11:31:55 PM UTC-4, mzimrsm1 wrote:
The Maine Audubon pelagic bird trip in fall provides a chance to see many of these species.  I'm not sure of the date this year.

On Friday, June 2, 2017 at 8:47:44 PM UTC-4, Donald Jones wrote:
Hi all,

My name is Don Jones, and I'll be spending the summer and fall based out of Brunswick working for the Nature Conservancy across Maine. Originally from Wyoming, I've spent the last four years in Vermont, and I'm very excited to explore another part of New England and hopefully add some oceanic species to my life list. I had hoped to make the trip to Machias Seal Island to see Atlantic Puffin, Arctic Tern, and perhaps Leach's and Wilson's Storm-Petrel on their breeding grounds, but I had no idea that all those trips would already be full for the entire summer. If anyone can provide me with suggestions on when/where/how I might otherwise stand a chance of seeing some of the following species (ranked according to their reported frequency in eBird) between now and the end of October, I would greatly appreciate it. 

Atlantic Puffin
Arctic Tern
Leach's Storm Petrel
Wilson's Storm Petrel
Great Shearwater
Manx Shearwater
Sooty Shearwater
Black-legged Kittiwake
Parasitic and/or Pomarine Jaeger
Northern Fulmar
Red Phalarope

Thanks in advance, and I look forward to exploring and birding Maine in the coming months!

Don Jones
Brunswick, ME / Laramie, WY

--
Maine birds mailing list
maine-birds@googlegroups.com
http://groups.google.com/group/maine-birds
https://sites.google.com/site/birding207
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Maine birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to maine-birds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

0 comments:

Post a Comment