Saturday 17 November 2012

[Maine-birds] My last Pine Grosbeak post, I promise!

I stopped by Evergreen Cemetary this morning to quickly check the ponds for ducks besides Mallards/Blackducks and for a possible Bittern ( I found one there last year around this time of year), but things were really quiet. As I was walking back to my car, I heard Pine Grosbeaks so I drove straight to the 2 Crabtrees that I know are on the property and found 7 birds. 10 minutes later, at least 7 more flew in including 2 sharp looking males. Needless to say, my "quick check" turned into an hour+ photo session with this incredibly tame and entertaining species. The moral to the story is Pine Grosbeaks seem to be everywhere right now! Anyday they will be on the crabtree in my front yard. Had two White-Winged Crossbills flyover at Evergreen as well.
 
Bird haahd,
Noah Gibb

0 comments:

Post a Comment