Wednesday 28 November 2012

[Maine-birds] Relief - MERC Peregrine

I have not seen any Peregrines since just before "Super Storm Sandy."  I just saw one land on the smokestack at Maine Energy!  I am glad to know that at least one of them is still around.

Incidentally, this morning I saw a formation of DC Cormorants fly over the river from my office.  There were 19 of them.

At the Saco treatment plant I had Ruby-Crowned Kinglets, the Winter Wren, Two Butter Butts and a bunch of American Tree Sparrows.

Mallards are abundant on the river, but at this time know Mergansers or Goldeneyes.  On Sunday, I had 3 Hoodies in Long Pond at Ferry Beach State Park in Saco, observed from the road on my way to Ocean Park.

Cheers!
Chuck

--
Chuck Homler

needsmoreritalin.wordpress.com
youtube.com/needsmoreritalin
flickr.com/needsmoreritalin

--
Maine birds mailing list
maine-birds@googlegroups.com
http://groups.google.com/group/maine-birds
https://sites.google.com/site/birding207

0 comments:

Post a Comment