Tuesday 29 September 2015

[Maine-birds] Re: Fall migration on the coast - A bust?

Thank you to Paul and to others who weighed in on the general impressions regarding distribution and abundance of fall migrants in Maine.  But if you have time - I would really appreciate hearing from more folks with a variety of impressions and from the coast and the interior.  So please share you impressions whatever they are.  I think it is important.  I just finished my fifth fall survey in the Rockland Bog and rather than getting the 50 or species I ought to have detected I only detected 23 species.  The 5 spring migration surveys yielded 48 species and the summer surveys 44 species.  Is it me, is it the birds, is it the year?  I really want to try and get to the bottom of this.  So thank you very much.

Richard

On Monday, September 28, 2015 at 10:25:34 PM UTC-4, Richard Harris Podolsky wrote:
What is the consensus - was the fall migration sling the coast above, below or normal?  From my vantage in the Rockport area it was a bust - way below by 1/2 the numbers and the diversity of recent past years. But our own view can be biased. Therefore, please send me your thoughts - is the 2015 migration along the coast above or below or typical?  Are folks in the western mountains above, below or normal for this date?

Thanks and happy birding!!

Richard

--
Maine birds mailing list
maine-birds@googlegroups.com
http://groups.google.com/group/maine-birds
https://sites.google.com/site/birding207
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Maine birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to maine-birds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

0 comments:

Post a Comment