Monday 11 July 2016

[Maine-birds] Re: ROYAL TERN flyby at Dyer Point Cape Elizabeth

Interesting.  On Sunday I was at Pine Point around 4:30 (but not birding) when I ran into the person whose vanity plate is "shorbird".  [I apologize for not introducing myself. If you are on this google group please correct my story, as needed.] If I recall our conversation correctly she mentioned that earlier Sunday she had seen an unusually large tern in the area but wasn't ready to ID it to species. Related sighting?
Enjoy this summer!
Cathie Murray, Hallowell

On Sunday, July 10, 2016 at 6:01:28 PM UTC-4, Noah Gibb wrote:
I just ran into Brendan McKay at Dyer Point (near the Lobster Shack near Two Lights State Park) where we watched several Cory's Shearwaters offshore. I was here yesterday and also had a good pelagic show, but today I spotted a large tern heading south offshore that looked good for a Royal. The bird seemed to be feeding alongside a very small looking Common Tern in comparison before it continued offshore heading south or slightly southeast. I will attach crummy photos later to my Ebird list.

Bird haahd,

--
Maine birds mailing list
maine-birds@googlegroups.com
http://groups.google.com/group/maine-birds
https://sites.google.com/site/birding207
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Maine birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to maine-birds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

0 comments:

Post a Comment