Sunday 7 August 2016

[Maine-birds] Little Egret Biddeford Pool Saturday Aug 6, 2016

I was very lucky to finally see the continuing "Maine" Little Egret yesterday morning. I tried 4 times last year and 2 times this year in the Falmouth area but it was always the wrong tide when I was passing through to visit relatives.  I finally had great looks early yesterday morning at 6:30 AM in Biddeford Pool at the corner of Rte 208 and Beach Ave in the stream by the bridge.  The Little Egret only stuck around for a short while - less than 1 minute. He was actively feeding with about 32 Snowy Egrets, 3 Great Egrets, one Blue Heron and 2 Glossy Ibis. This was a life bird for me, so I was very happy that my persistence paid off.  I posted to Ebird, but 2 nice gentlemen who were photographers ( one named Earle) came along and I told them to be on the lookout for the Little Egret.  They asked me to post to Maine Birds, too, so they could see the photo.
Heres'a link to my Ebird report


Marjorie Watson
Georgetown MA

0 comments:

Post a Comment