Thursday 23 March 2017

Re: [Maine-birds] Re: binocular recommendations?

Seth
I totally agree. 
I'm a mid level birder and bought Monarch 7 3 years ago  at Freeport Wild Bird and love the quality , especially for the price 
I stupidly left them on the tailgate of my truck and they fell hard. My bad , I cracked one ocular tube.   
I'm sure All quality manufacturers would be helpful with a repair .
 Never expected a NEW pair, but that was what happened when I sent !
Ron


Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 23, 2017, at 5:45 PM, Seth Davis <kd7gxf@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm all for brand loyalty, but you should also consider the Nikon Monarch series. The top end (Monarch 7s) have all the goods, ED glass, dielectric prism coatings, fully multicoated, fog/water proof and they come in ~$450. National Audubon gave them a good review, and I myself can barely tell the difference visually between the Monarch 7s and my Swarovskis  

On Thursday, March 23, 2017 at 11:52:41 AM UTC-4, Anne Williams wrote:
I have been using some inherited 30-year-old Zeiss 10x40s. (Dialyt 10x40 B T*)   They are very bright and good for anything further than 16 feet away, but have no close focus and are on the heavy side.

I know there have been a lot of improvements in binoculars in recent decades. 

Questions:
Is it worth buying something newer?
And how much would it cost?  (I am looking to stay under $500.)
Thanks,
Anne

--
Maine birds mailing list
maine-birds@googlegroups.com
http://groups.google.com/group/maine-birds
https://sites.google.com/site/birding207
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Maine birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to maine-birds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

0 comments:

Post a Comment