Wednesday 19 July 2023

Re: [Maine-birds] Mockingbird and Barn Swallow fledged - Benton - Unity Rd

Hi Julia and others,

Thanks for all the comments and info about mockingbirds.  I saw a mockingbird along the roads in Tidebrook Preserve in the spring.  That is the first one I think I saw in Maine.  My mockingbird sure looks and sounds like he is seeking a mate.  He is doing a little dance of shooting up about 20 feet and fluttering down to the roof peak flashing his feathers. 

Allan


On 7/19/2023 12:49 PM, Julia Hanauer-Milne wrote:
I meant to say that we had a mockingbird stop by here for the very first time this year-- in Sidney.

On Wed, Jul 19, 2023 at 12:49 PM Julia Hanauer-Milne <windyridgemaine@gmail.com> wrote:
I always enjoy your reports about the birds at your place. The barn swallows near me are on the same schedule. I noticed all the fledgies wobbling on their new wings or begging from the electric wires today. 


On Wed, Jul 19, 2023 at 11:22 AM AMF <ZnSe37@gmail.com> wrote:
Greetings lovers of birds,

I have had the pleasure of listening to a mockingbird sing for hours the
last week.  This is the first mockingbird I have seen in Benton at my
farm.  Global Warming??

We had a large number (>30) of barn swallows jetting around this
morning.  The baby birds from a number of nests must have fledged the
last few days.   The barn swallows have nests in the carriage house,
barn and shed.  They are a delight to watch and listen to as they
chatter to each other as they circle around between the house, carriage
and barn.  I noticed a large number of barn swallows flying around the
field yesterday scooping up bugs and landing on the grass not cut
because it has been so wet.

Allan

--
Maine birds mailing list
maine-birds@googlegroups.com
http://groups.google.com/group/maine-birds
https://sites.google.com/site/birding207
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Maine birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to maine-birds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/maine-birds/10d233d3-cfa8-667f-26e2-0b571762e1e7%40gmail.com.


0 comments:

Post a Comment