Monday 25 March 2024

Re: [Maine-birds] Junco, Robins, Cardinals, Blue Jays, and lots of Goldfinch, House Finch, and many different Sparrows - Unity Rd Benton/Sebasticook

Wally,

Thank you.  I would like to use a photo for confirmation with Merlin.  It is hard to get a high quality photo on my iPhone.  Most often I just cannot get close enough for a high quality photo.  It is difficult and time consuming to transfer an excellent photo from my Nikon camera to ebird.  I have gotten the bird ID with sound ID on Merlin on my iPhone, but that does not seem to be good enough to have the sighting logged into ebird/Merlin.  Maybe there is no good reason to post to ebird except ego.  I know what I saw.  I will post to maine-birds when I see something that seems a marker of season change or unusual.  ebird will just miss important info from the average person.

Thank you again.

Allan


On 3/23/2024 7:11 PM, chrwsu@myfairpoint.net wrote:
That's weird.  There have been more White-throated Sparrows around this past winter than I've ever seen before.  We had Juncos in our yard all winter, and Mockingbirds are around all year in small numbers.  The Xmas count "authorities" used to question our Savannah Sparrows.  But they're at the Flood Bros. Farm every winter.  This past winter there were more than usual.  I counted at least 20 at one point. 

When it  doubt, send them a picture.

Wally S.
--
Maine birds mailing list
maine-birds@googlegroups.com
http://groups.google.com/group/maine-birds
https://sites.google.com/site/birding207
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Maine birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to maine-birds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/maine-birds/1711235495.aoa9so22o00gowks%40webmail.myfairpoint.net.


0 comments:

Post a Comment