Tuesday 26 March 2024

Re: [Maine-birds] Junco, Robins, Cardinals, Blue Jays, and lots of Goldfinch, House Finch, and many different Sparrows - Unity Rd Benton/Sebasticook

I put out two pealed apples on the top of the shepherd's hooks that I hang three bird feeders.  I had the pleasure of seeing a Mockingbird pecking away at one apple.  I was close enough to take a good photo with my iPhone and searched Merlin.  I was pleased that it properly ID'ed the bird as a Mockingbird.  

I have seen a few Robins hopping on the snow looking pretty sad.  I do not know what to feed Robins.  We have at least 3 to 5 inches snow covering the fields around here.  Hopefully they can find enough berries and apples on trees to feed on. 

Allan

On 3/23/2024 7:11 PM, chrwsu@myfairpoint.net wrote:
That's weird.  There have been more White-throated Sparrows around this past winter than I've ever seen before.  We had Juncos in our yard all winter, and Mockingbirds are around all year in small numbers.  The Xmas count "authorities" used to question our Savannah Sparrows.  But they're at the Flood Bros. Farm every winter.  This past winter there were more than usual.  I counted at least 20 at one point. 

When it  doubt, send them a picture.

Wally S.
--
Maine birds mailing list
maine-birds@googlegroups.com
http://groups.google.com/group/maine-birds
https://sites.google.com/site/birding207
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Maine birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to maine-birds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/maine-birds/1711235495.aoa9so22o00gowks%40webmail.myfairpoint.net.


0 comments:

Post a Comment