Wednesday 27 March 2013

[Maine-birds] green winged teal Phippsburg help

Phippsburg, Me Map 6 Lobster Cove marsh (runs along east side of Small Point Rd opposite from Alliquippa Road)

Five Greenwinged teal and one hybrid Mallard X Am Black duck along with 18 Am Black Ducks.
I would like some help with IDing "Eurasian" Green winged teal from Common Greenwinged teal. I have looked on line and in my references but find the named as one in the same and others saying that there are subspecies differences. I'd like some salient points or whatever other guidance any one cares to share. I have lots of photos and will review more closely as there were differences amongst them, though this could be attributed to gender.
Otherwise of note: Hermit Island Branch marsh, merlin 1
Small Point Seawall beach Turkey vultures 3

Robin R Robinson
Begging For Help In The Burg

0 comments:

Post a Comment