Friday 22 November 2013

[Maine-birds] various and sundry

Today I visited several disparate and random birding locations. At Pemaquid Point in early morning I found a pine warbler with a group of chickadees, g-c kinglets and a Carolina wren on the east side of the point loop road. At Long Cove Point in Chamberlain, a banded adult bald eagle; I got fairly close up photos, but the band numbers aren't apparent. After leaving Mike Fahay's fine company at Popham, (snowy owl, peregrine, b-b plover, horned larks) I discovered a hermit thrush a short distance up the road. At the Bath water treatment facility, a leg-banded ring-billed that I suspect is part of a Montreal gull study. A blue band with orange lettering KT2. I'll contact my contact up there. A second Montreal bird has hung around Rockland for a few weeks now. That same gull was present in Rockland throughout last winter, but was present at its Montreal breeding grounds last July.
 
Don

0 comments:

Post a Comment