Tuesday 24 January 2017

Re: [Maine-birds] Re: Great Gray Owl rules to follow PLEASE!!!

My name is Roger Stevens and I am new to this group. I have followed this thread and would like to say I agree with everyone that for the most part, most people give this "celebrity" living on the Stud Mill Road the space and honor that it deserves...I spent a full day looking for this Owl, THE bucket list bird of mine, without success yesterday.The birders and photographers that I met were very helpful and kind with each other, exchanging cell Numbers in hopes of spotting and sharing good news of a spot.
We are for the most part, both birders and photographers, professionals, and we act accordingly. There are those who give us a bad name. It is exciting to see a bird that you may have never seen, or will ever again, and sometimes one forgets to give this special bird or animal it's space. And it is up to we professionals to remind them of this fact, gently but firmly.
I will probably be driving back and forth some days this week in search of this elusive beauty, hoping to take home a photo and a memory. But I will do so remembering that I must give space to this beautiful Winter visitor.Wish me luck!

--
Maine birds mailing list
maine-birds@googlegroups.com
http://groups.google.com/group/maine-birds
https://sites.google.com/site/birding207
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Maine birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to maine-birds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

0 comments:

Post a Comment