Sunday 30 July 2017

[Maine-birds] Maine Birding Trail / Aroostook update

Last weekend I finally made my first jaunt ever to Aroostook County. Birding was just one of my goals and I used the Maine Birding Trail "abbreviated" guide (and a history of reading maine-birds) to target Lake Josephine and Christina Reservoir. Time constraints allowed me to visit only one of these hot spots, but it was great to see a place I'd only read about for years (thanks to Bill, Craig, and others).

This post is simply to say NO PASS IS NEEDED to visit these sites for birding. Being the cautious sort, I stopped at McCain Foods gate first and asked about a pass. The gatekeeper had no idea what I was talking about, made a few calls, and finally sent me off to another building to talk to Jeff. He said they stopped giving passes in the mid 2000s, as directed by the corporate office (unnecessary paperwork). He said with a smile "anywhere up there, have at it."

This may be common knowledge for regulars and more recent guides may have the latest info, but if this post saves anybody else a half hour it'll be worth it.

Scott Richardson


--
Maine birds mailing list
maine-birds@googlegroups.com
http://groups.google.com/group/maine-birds
https://sites.google.com/site/birding207
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Maine birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to maine-birds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

0 comments:

Post a Comment