Friday 12 January 2018

[Maine-birds] This Week's Highlights, 1/6-1/12

Hi all,
My observations of note over the past seven days were as follows:
- 1 Fox Sparrow, Old Town House Park, North Yarmouth, 1/8 (with Jeannette).
- 1 adult Iceland Gull, Portland Harbor, 1/8 (with Jeannette).
- 1 Merlin, Sheridan St, Portland, 1/8 (with Jeannette).
- 1 Northern Flicker, Fort Foster, Kittery, 1/9 (with Jeannette).
- 68 Harlequin Ducks between The Nubble and Marginal Way, Ogunquit, 1/9 (with Jeannette).
- 1 Yellow-rumped Warbler and 1 Carolina Wren, Marginal Way, Ogunquit, 1/9 (with Jeannette).
- 1 continuing drake BARROW'S GOLDENEYE, Winslow Park, Freeport, 1/10.

Meanwhile, I did a Maine Big Year in 2017. Kinda. I finished with 305 species, but I only counted species seen at sites covered in Birdwatching in Maine. My recent blog summarizes my year, and includes photos of many of the year's "best" birds.

-Derek

*****************************************
 Derek and Jeannette Lovitch
 Freeport Wild Bird Supply
 541 Route One, Suite 10
 Freeport, ME 04032
 207-865-6000
 ****************************************

0 comments:

Post a Comment