Tuesday 28 December 2021

[Maine-birds] Pacific Loon -- looking for a ride once again.

First off, for those that haven't yet heard, there has been a Pacific Loon hanging out at the Cliff House in Cape Neddick(?) that David Nelson found a couple days ago. 

My plans to chase that bird today were unceremoniously obliterated, so it looks like I'm once again hoping for a chance to catch a ride down south. So far it looks like very few people have chased this bird (practically every birder in Maine, it seems, saw the Pacific Loon on the FWBS pelagic out of Boothbay Harbor earlier this year--agony--so I'm not totally surprised) and since I'm still ~40 minutes up the coast from the Portland area my chances are slim, but with my ever worsening case of Zugunruhe and with driver's ed still far out of reach, I can't help but reach out to see if anyone happens to be heading down there tomorrow and wouldn't mind a passenger. 

But PLEASE don't go out of your way to give me a ride!!

Thanks,

-Weston Barker

--
Maine birds mailing list
maine-birds@googlegroups.com
http://groups.google.com/group/maine-birds
https://sites.google.com/site/birding207
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Maine birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to maine-birds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/maine-birds/CADwNRbQr9pmyX%3DU32pM67pxRe%2BZ%2Bd8s8JpEBu1VMsFg8jdmwUA%40mail.gmail.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment