Thursday 27 April 2017

[Maine-birds] Gray-cheeked/Bicknell's Thrush, Biddeford Pool, 4/27!

Hi all,

I worked the thickets and woodlots of Biddeford Pool this am, searching for vagrants, overshoots, and early arrivals from the recent coastal low. In addition to a slightly-early Veery and a very-early MAGNOLIA WARBLER in the neighborhood (my only warbler of the morning!) I found an incredibly and unreasonably early GRAY-CHEEKED/BICKNELL'S THRUSH!  

I'm still working through the identification, and while I feel I have come to a conclusion, I am currently soliciting additional comments (especially due to the very early date) In the meantime, enjoy some photos of this unreasonably cooperative bird (for this species-pair) that was bouncing around the front yards on Third Street: 


Something tells me there are some more really interesting birds out there...

-Derek

Sent from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment