Sunday 24 June 2018

[Maine-birds] Purple Finches, Roque Bluffs 24 June

I hardly ever see any bird behavior, even though I hear the birds singing all around me every day. This Breeding Atlas has been a frustration for me, However. Two pair of Purple Finches have been at our feeder for more than a month. Around noon I looked out the window and Purple Finches were doing something. I think this is a fledgling and an adult male. But the Adult is larger than the other finch, so maybe it's not what it looks like, a young bird begging for food.  
If you can stand looking at three photos taken through a double-glazed window with a 10Xzoom 10 year old point-and-shoot, please let me know if you think this is not an adult feeding young. I don't want to post to Breeding Atlas until I am sure.
   Also, Wally, while he was taking his morning walk, flushed four juvenile winter wrens from their nest or hiding place under leaves in the ravine next to our place yesterday. They sat in a row on a branch on the ground and he quickly left so he would not disturb them.

--
Maine birds mailing list
maine-birds@googlegroups.com
http://groups.google.com/group/maine-birds
https://sites.google.com/site/birding207
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Maine birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to maine-birds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

0 comments:

Post a Comment