Sunday 8 August 2021

[Maine-birds] Kittery seawatch

I’ve started a late afternoon seawatch from Fort Foster in Kittery Point surveying the briny from the most southerly point in the state you don’t need a boat to get to. Only two days so far and not much to report yet, but have seen bonies, laughing gulls, gannets, dribbles of shorebirds, pulses of swallows, and the usual suspects like herring gulls, greater black-backs, common eiders, and cormorants galore.  Hummmmmingbirds are showing up in odd places, dueling with big dragonflies, and where I usually sit with my scope there is are Mockingbirds feeding young who have already become used to my presence and forage with a few yards of me.  I’ve tried to start a conversation without reply!

 

Waiting for whimbrels,  Dave Tucker

0 comments:

Post a Comment