Saturday 26 October 2013

[Maine-birds] Prairie Warbler and 4 Ipswich Savannah Sparrows @ Kettle Cove

I was hoping to find more birds this morning at Kettle Cove in Cape Elizabeth, but was surprised to see that a Prairie Warbler is still hanging around the outhouses. At least 4 "Ipswich" Savannah Sparrows were feeding around the parking lot. Around 8:30 I saw two birds fly overhead heading north that appeared to be terns. Unfortunately my only photos are from behind as when I first noticed them they were straight up and pretty high, so I never had a look at their bills or facial markings. I will send the photos off to see if they can be ID'd, I suspect they would most likely be Forster's Terns, but it is late for them now as well.
 
Bird haahd,
Noah Gibb-Portland

0 comments:

Post a Comment