Tuesday 18 June 2013

[Maine-birds] BLACK-NECKED STILT-YES! and SEASIDE SPARROW @ Scarborough Marsh

I spotted the reported Black-Necked Stilt out behind the big panne on the Pine Point side of the Eastern Rd trail, unfortunately, about 5 minutes after Frank Mitchell left. Sorry Frank, I tried calling someone that I thought would have your number, but I got voicemail. The stilt was a life bird for me and much to my surprise, as I entered the woods past the pannes, I spotted another lifebird, a Seaside Sparrow! I first saw the bird scurry across the trail from the Pine Point side to the Route 1 side. I attempted pishing the bird out in hopes of photos, but it only gave me a brief look as it flew low into the brush alongside the water-filled trench. I certainly did not expect TWO life birds in the middle of June on a quick after work chase!
 
Bird haahd!
Noah Gibb-Portland

0 comments:

Post a Comment