Sunday 23 June 2013

[Maine-birds] Warbler question....

OK so every single weekend I go hiking in the White Mountains and because I like to hike fast, I like to bird by ear.  I thought I was getting to be pretty pro at this but I keep hearing this warbler that confuses me and I need an opinion.  This bird sounds like a cross between a black throated blue and a black throated green....aka it sounds like a cerulean warbler.  Instead of a laid back zee zee zo zo zeet, its more like a zee zee + rapid bunch of zo's + zeet.  Listen to Cornell's recording of a cerulean.,,,  It sounds like that.  I have heard it many times in the Pemi wilderness this summer and last (this weekend it was on the way up Lafayette via Old Bridle Path but in the past I've heard it in Lincoln woods...if anyone is familiar with the area).  I am wondering if a black throated blue or a black throated green might make a cerulean-esque song?   Range maps of the cerulean don't seem to include the whites.  Any thoughts would be great.  I have yet to see it and am doubtful that I will.  I only seem to see warblers on their terms, not mine.   

--
--
Maine birds mailing list
maine-birds@googlegroups.com
http://groups.google.com/group/maine-birds
https://sites.google.com/site/birding207
 
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Maine birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to maine-birds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment