Sunday 21 September 2014

RE: [Maine-birds] Late Nighthawk

On Wednesday, I was out at noontime filling the feeders and two Nighthawks were swirling around just above my head.  So, I took my binocs out on the deck for a couple of hours and saw 3 more plus a flock of about 8 Tree Swallows.  I was very thrilled to see the Nighthawks in the middle of the day.

Linda Scotland

 

From: maine-birds@googlegroups.com [mailto:maine-birds@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Bruce Barker
Sent: Saturday, September 20, 2014 9:43 PM
To: maine-birds@googlegroups.com
Subject: [Maine-birds] Late Nighthawk

 

I was a little surprised to see a Common Nighthawk winging its way over the north end of the Common Ground Country Fairgrounds in Unity at 6:20 PM today. It's the latest date for me by five days. Although it doesn't compare with skuas, fulmars, et al., my ride back was quite smooth. I feel bad for those who had a rough time at sea today, because I'd be in the top five of that list! For those keeping hummingbird score, there was a female on the phlox in our front yard in Dixmont on the 17th. That's a little late for here. Monhegan next week. Don, Dave, and others - find the rarities between now and next Tuesday, then somehow bribe them to stay until I get there.

--
Maine birds mailing list
maine-birds@googlegroups.com
http://groups.google.com/group/maine-birds
https://sites.google.com/site/birding207
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Maine birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to maine-birds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

0 comments:

Post a Comment