Tuesday 24 February 2015

[Maine-birds] Locations/Times of Snowy Owl Sightings in Bangor/Hermon Ind. Parks

I recently had surgery in Bangor and was headed home on Saturday after spending a few days with my daughter in Winterport when we decided to cruise through some of the industrial parks near the Hermon/Bangor line (near where my youngest daughter lives). We didn't see any snowy's but were treated to some wild turkeys feeding on berries on a few small trees in front of a building.

I was just wondering if the SNOW's were still in that area and if any particular location and/or time of day was better than others. My travels will be restricted to short trips for the next 2-4 weeks, but I do have a follow up visit with my surgeon on March 11. If anyone is willing to post any updates or contact me off net (maurrymills@gmail.com) it would be greatly appreciated. I reside along the Dennys River in Dennysville and work at the Moosehorn NWR in the Calais area when I'm not recuperating from one thing or another.

Thanks and good birding; remember the traditional day for the return of the woodcock to Moosehorn's Baring Division is in the third week of March. As one of our old time workers used to say, I think we've broken winters back. We can only hope that is true this year.

Best,

Maurry Mills

--
Maine birds mailing list
maine-birds@googlegroups.com
http://groups.google.com/group/maine-birds
https://sites.google.com/site/birding207
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Maine birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to maine-birds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

0 comments:

Post a Comment