Wednesday 20 June 2012

[Maine-birds] Flycatchers in Fippsburg

Or was that Phlycatchers in Phippsburg?
Phippsburg, ME map 6 Totman Cove

Great Crested flycatchers, # 2 male and female
They have been here all day every day for days. SOOOoooooo loud with their 'WEEP! WEEP!" and burring in the trees. The pair have been checking out an unocuppied martin house and visiting feeders. A lone Bluejay seems to be their companion, oddly.
I have seen more GCflys this year than ever before. In fact, I had not seen a one for several years, but this year, I've already seen and heard here in The Burg a dozen. I also saw another mated pair over on Small Point last week. They are delightful and very good photo subjects. I have several shots on this link.

http://www.robinrobinsonmaine.com/BIRDS/BIRDS-MEDIUM-SIZED-1/i-rk3g6wb/0/X3/20120618-MG1342-X3.jpg

Robin R Robinson
Birding The Burg

0 comments:

Post a Comment