Saturday 21 May 2016

[Maine-birds] Monhegan highlights, 5.21.16

Still loads of warblers around out here for another beautiful day on the island. I finally caught up with Tennessee, Black-throated Blue, and Canada today to bring my warbler tally up to 19. There's an Ovenbird out there that wants to be #20, I think...

I lied when I said there were no flycatchers yesterday. There were quite a few Eastern Kingbirds in the Meadow, and today an Eastern Wood-pewee was singing all day behind the brewery. Donna reported a Least Flycatcher in her yard; Pat Moynahan told me she saw a Least and a Traill's today, too.

Other highlights of the day:

Great Blue Heron - Jeremiah Trimble saw a flock of 10 land on Nigh Duck
Am. Woodcock - 1 doing its thing in, we think, the cemetery. Can't get enough of them.
Virginia Rail - 1 calling Meadow tonight 
Cedar Waxwings - 20+
Warbling Vireo - 3
Philadelphia Vireo - 1-2, seen by several people but not me
LARK SPARROW - 1 under Matt and Mary Webber's bird feeder, seen by many
CLAY-COLORED SPARROW - 1+ individuals seen in a few different spots (alas, not by me, but not for lack of trying)
Indigo Bunting - 1 
Scarlet Tanager - 1 female
 
I think I'm forgetting some stuff, but you get the idea. Good times.

Kristen



--
Kristen Lindquist

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." 
--Tenzin Gyatso, the 14th Dalai Lama

--
Maine birds mailing list
maine-birds@googlegroups.com
http://groups.google.com/group/maine-birds
https://sites.google.com/site/birding207
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Maine birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to maine-birds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

0 comments:

Post a Comment