Sunday 22 May 2016

Re: [Maine-birds] One Morning on Monhegan, 5.22.16

We did get good looks at the Lark Sparrow under a feeder past Monhegan Brewery this morning. Life bird for me and Sally. A Lincoln Sparrow at the feeders across from the Trailing Yew was another highlight for us. 
Bill Blauvelt

Sent from my iPad

On May 22, 2016, at 4:20 PM, Kristen Lindquist <kelindquist@gmail.com> wrote:

Last morning of my Monhegan weekend. Felt like many birds left the island last night, but there were still warblers to be found all over, including Magnolia, Bay-breasted, and Blackburnian for some color. 

Picked up my first Winter Wren of the weekend. 

Heard a CLAY-COLORED SPARROW singing at the edge of the Meadow (where one was seen yesterday). I believe the LARK SPARROW was seen this morning in the same place (below Matt and Mary Webber's feeder). 

Two male Scarlet Tanagers were reported, as well as the first non-robin thrush of the weekend: Veery, in the woods on the way to Pebble Beach (thanks, Jess, Lisa, Anne, and Robin!)

BLUE-GRAY GNATCATCHER was in the apple trees across from Elva's PO right before I left the island. 

Also, Chris Borg told me he had 2-3 White-winged Crossbills, including a singing male, in the woods on the way to Black Head yesterday, I believe. First crossbills I can recall being seen/heard out there for a few years. 

And a young deer mouse ran over my foot. 

That's all from me. Hope those lucky enough to still be out on the island will share what they're seeing!

Kristen

--
Kristen Lindquist

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." 
--Tenzin Gyatso, the 14th Dalai Lama

--
Maine birds mailing list
maine-birds@googlegroups.com
http://groups.google.com/group/maine-birds
https://sites.google.com/site/birding207
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Maine birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to maine-birds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

0 comments:

Post a Comment