Wednesday 25 May 2016

[Maine-birds] Re: ID help for a warbler on Monhen

I also jus learned how to spell Blackpoll.
Bill B.

Sent from my iPad

On May 25, 2016, at 9:21 AM, Bill Blauvelt <bil.blauvelt@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks to everyone who chimed in on this. After getting such varied replies from our esteemed birding community I don't feel bad for getting this one wrong. Votes went to Chestnut-sided, Bay-breasted, Tennessee and several good tips on making her a female Blackpole. Rob Spears sent me a photo of a very similar looking Blackpole, and I see on page 179 of Tom Stephenson and Scott Whittle
s Warbler Guide that also looks very similar. I am confident that is correct. Thanks again for all the input. It is fun to study these beautiful warblers.
Bill Blauvelt

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Bill Blauvelt <bil.blauvelt@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, May 24, 2016 at 8:40 PM
Subject: ID help for a warbler on Monhen
To: Doug Hitchcox <maine-birds@googlegroups.com>


Can anyone tell me who this little guy/gal is with a grenish head? The ony warblers I can think of with greeish head are Chestnut-sided and Black-throted Green. My guess is the Black-throated Green, even though it lacks the black throat and typicl facial features. Taken on Mohegan Island May 23, 2016. It only stuck around long enough for one picture.


Thank you,
Bill Blauvelt
Portland, ME

0 comments:

Post a Comment