Friday 21 December 2012

[Maine-birds] Additional Highlights This Week, Irruptives, and Goose Fields Update, 12/15-21.

Hi all,

A handful of additional observations of note from me over the past seven days included:
-1 Dovekie, East Point, Biddeford Pool, 12/16 (with Tiffany Buck).
-10 Ruddy Turnstones, 40-50 Purple Sandpipers, 6 Razorbills, etc, Ocean Avenue, Biddeford Pool, 12/16 (with Tiffany Buck).
- Bunker Hill CBC, 12/18 - Jefferson section with Kristen Lindquist and Jeannette:
1 Northern Flicker, West Branch Preserve.
12 Lesser Scaup, Damariscotta Lake SP.
4 Eastern Bluebirds, Rte 213, Jefferson.

Irruptives this Week:
- Pine Grosbeaks continue to be widespread in small numbers in the area.  My high count this week was 13 along Rte 88 in Yarmouth on 12/19.
- White-winged and Red Crossbills: Only the ones Luke and I had on the Southern York Co CBC.  See previous post.
- Common Redpoll: Increasing, but I didn't see any flocks of notable numbers this week.

Goose Fields:
Due to weather, business, and CBC's, I only made it out for two surveys this week. In addition to today's two GREATER WHITE-FRONTED GEESE (see previous post), I had the continuing two SNOW GEESE on 12/19 at Thornhurst. My high count of Canada Geese, however, was a mere 333 at Thornhurst today.

-Derek

0 comments:

Post a Comment