Thursday 27 December 2012

[Maine-birds] PIGR - new yard bird

            Had to report this one as they are a new yard bird for me - they came into my crabapple beside the driveway as we were “playing” in the snow with shovel and the snow blower!!  About 15 of them - they stayed and fed for a while as we continued digging out - I finally grabbed the camera for a few shots just for a memoir - the lighting and almost horizontal blowing snow/sleet did not make for ideal picture taking conditions to put it mildly!!

            A great two days as yesterday as I was saying goodbye to my grandson, a Pileated Woodpecker flew over the house - another new yard bird (sure wish he had stopped for a while but flyovers count!!).  I am anxiously waiting to see what bird will show up tomorrow - why not new ones three in a row?

            Today, lots of Juncos (at least 30), a few Tree Sparrows, 2 WT Sparrows, all my Cardinals,  plus the usual gang along with the return of the 2 C Redpolls I had earlier in the month.   

            We have only had about 15 minutes of rain and ½ hour of sleet - otherwise all snow even tho most weather reports predicated rain as the day progressed.     Current radar shows the sleet line about on top of us.  Hope you are all safe and warm and enjoying your favorite warm beverage as the storm rages outside.

            Marie - South Portland

0 comments:

Post a Comment