Sunday 30 December 2012

[Maine-birds] Green-Winged Teals-Fore River, PIGR's-My yard, Grondin Pond ducks,ATSP pics

Made several birding from or near the car stops today while my son took his nap. 7 Pine Grosbeaks showed up to my crab when I was leaving the house around 9am. They seem to be showing up around that time and disappearing later on. There were two drake Green-Winged Teals at the Fore River amongst the typical waterfowl. When I arrived at Grondin Pond, there were a decent number of gulls, but nothing out of the ordinary. Aside from CANG, MALL, and ABDU, there was a pair of Gadwall, 1 Greater Scaup, 3 Ruddy Ducks, 3 American Coots, and I only saw one American Wigeon (the several times I was here there were at least 7).
 
My favorite part of the day, however, was parking next to an American Tree Sparrow at the end of Old Neck Rd in Scarborough that hardly flew when I got out of the car less than ten feet away and immediately flew right back onto the ground maybe 6 feet away. I had a very entertaining photo shoot with it and attached the link to my Flickr.
 
 
Bird haahd,
Noah Gibb - Portland

0 comments:

Post a Comment