Sunday 28 December 2014

[Maine-birds] Snowy Owl, Cumberland-Yarmouth, 12/28

Hi all,

While I was unable to relocate the Snowy Owl found yesterday along Ledge Road in Yarmouth, I found a bird perched on Sturdivant Island, as viewed from the Cumberland Town Landing off of Rte 88 at about 10:30am.

The bird was still visible at the same spot in the distance from Madeleine Point on Cousin's Island, Yarmouth. It then flew north, landing on the rocky islets between Madeleine Point and the Cousin's Island bridge. Unfortunately - to my patch-listing chagrin - it was displaced by a Bald Eagle in the few minutes it took me to get to Sandy Point, and I was unable to relocate it.

-Derek
 
*****************************************
Derek and Jeannette Lovitch
Freeport Wild Bird Supply
541 Route One, Suite 10
Freeport, ME 04069
207-865-6000
www.freeportwildbirdsupply.com

****************************************

0 comments:

Post a Comment