Tuesday 7 August 2018

[Maine-birds] Apparent GREAT BLACK HAWK, Biddeford, August ???

Hi all,
Folks are still working out specifics, but an unidentified raptor posted today to the "What Bird is This?" Facebook Page taken "earlier this month" at "Biddeford Pool" appears to be a GREAT BLACK HAWK. There will be lots of debate about provenance, etc, but at the very least, I figured I'd get the word out so folks can keep an eye out and perhaps refind it.

The photos are here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/whatsthisbird/permalink/1799642163417835/

Discussion about ID, circumstances, etc can be found on the ABA Rare Bird Alert Facebook page. And of course, discussion continues about whether or not the sighting is genuine (plant clues certainly have eliminated one conspiracy theory). But I thought I would give a head's up to get out and look for it.

-Derek

Sent from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment