Wednesday 29 August 2018

[Maine-birds] Re: My mystery bird

A "yellowish" legged sandpiper that is small than a Semi screams Least Sandpiper to me. 

On Tuesday, August 28, 2018 at 9:01:27 PM UTC-4, Marie Jordan wrote:


 
Greetings, 
Please help me with the ID of this bird.
The  pictures were taken of the bird on Aug. 23rd at Pine Point in Scarboro on the out going tide.
This bird stood out from the others because it was so much lighter colored than all the other Semipalmated Sandpipers.  
The leg coloring seems a tad yellowish to me.
The bird also seemed to be a tad smaller than the many Semis  that were surrounding it. 
If it is not a semipalmated Sandpiper than what might it be?

Two photos  posted on my Flickr account.

Please send comments off list - I will summarize a report to all in a couple days.  
Thanks for you help.
Marie 

PS
I just returned from a great trip downeast which included the MA birding adventure out of Eastport last Saturday morning with Doug and others. 
I also enjoyed  great looks at a beautiful Pacific loon in Herring Cove on Campobello Island. 
Great weather and good birding. 
Marie Jordan 

--
Maine birds mailing list
maine-birds@googlegroups.com
http://groups.google.com/group/maine-birds
https://sites.google.com/site/birding207
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Maine birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to maine-birds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

0 comments:

Post a Comment