Monday 31 January 2022

[Maine-birds] Finch Fest

I’ve previously posted that this is a weird winter. Sandi and I are in Jackman, doing some Maine Bird Atlas winter surveys. Common redpolls remain abundant. Pine Grosbeaks are numerous. However, the result deviates in two ways from last year. Last year, everything flooded through in early winter, then vanished. This year, lots of finches seem to be in the northern areas, but most don’t seem to have sagged farther south than Bangor. At least, I’m not seeing many reports. Would love to hear otherwise.

 

Every year, I try to document the annual Finch Fest. I see that YouTube lost my Finch Fest 2021. Here’s an update: Finches Invade Maine - YouTube. Given all the finches up here during the survey, I fully expect a Finch Fest 2022 video once all of them are surveyed and counted. Yippee! Today started at the Quebec border at minus-8. But by late morning, it was all the way up to 13 degrees. It was so warm, I had to remove a sweater.

 

Bob Duchesne


Virus-free. www.avast.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment