Tuesday 16 July 2013

Re: [Maine-birds] Re: (Maine Birds) Bicknell's Thrush on Saddelback Mountain Down East Birdwatching and Nature Tours

Hi all,

I have never been so incensed with a post, even from Michael Good as I am right now.

Like many of you, I long ago stopped reading his posts. Even when I was able to decipher what he was trying to say, it becomes apparent that some people just like to hear themselves talk (read themselves type?).  I find a liberal application of the delete key is the best method for dealing with this.
 
There is the regular, blatant misrepresentation of fact and reality - not to mention basic tenets of ecology.  
 
There is the regular verbal assault of other people's sightings and passive-aggressive responses to other posts from MDI.

And, I don't dare to wonder how much misinformation and misidentifications he has spewed on this listerve and into the eBird database.

But this post is a new low, even for him.  I have always thought he was a terrible birder and a terrible ecologist, but now I know that he is simply a terrible person.

The last thing any decent human being would do would attempt to take advantage of someone's misfortunes, and kick them while they were down.  I can't believe anyone, even the warped mind of Michael Good, would attempt to so blatantly take advantage of a disaster striking another business.

I have been there before, and I know what Rich and Natalie are going through.  I also know the last thing they need is to deal with this nutcase.

Mr. Good, I wouldn't recommend you to my worst enemy, let alone a respected client.  You might think Rich is somehow your enemy, but you can - if you haven't already - count me as one of them, too.  While so many of us are getting in line to pick up The Natural History Center, I will be the first in the line to kick you if you were ever down.  No, that is not a literally threat, it's a figurative one, just in case your clearly rudimentary understanding of the English Language made you think otherwise.  

And yes, this is an entirely inappropriate post to a Listserve, and I expect ramifications.  I should be kicked off for some period of time, an I accept that.  But I have had enough. And this time it has gone to far.  If Michael Good isn't permanently removed from the list, I will no longer post.  I can't be part of a community that supports and enables this trainwreck.  Doug, I sincerely apologize.

Yours incensed and with frustration , (and now expecting a ranting, aggressive full-frontal assault),
Derek 
(Complete resume available upon request).
 

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 16, 2013, at 6:34 PM, "Down East Nature Tours" <info@downeastnaturetours.com> wrote:

Down East Nature Tours trip to Saddleback Mountain :  Bicknell's Thrush, Purple Marti, Black Tern and Sandhill Crane

__________________________________________________________

Down East Nature Tours ( has been guiding birding trips on and around Mount Desert Island since 1993 when the doors were first opened. We are the only Birdwatching company in Bar Harbor offering family based tours of the region. We are proud of our excellent track record and years of Avian data collection along Down East Maine.  

Bicknell's Thrush practically jumped on our laps and gave an excellent show for a group from the island which included Ed Hawkes, Peter Trueblood,  Bruce and Tony Evans and myself.  We made many photos of these cooperative birds which also included nesting and feeding Blackpoll Warbler and other mountain specialty birds. These will be archived on Acadia Birding Festival Facebook page. We had about 12 Swainson's Thrush and an excellent Nashville Warbler was heard.  It was exciting  to have Ed join us and make the trac up the mountain... well worth the effort. It was a life bird for all four of the people above..  An amazing summer mountain day… and a Bicknell's Thrush to boot!  Please join us all summer for field birding trips….. we are located at 39 Cottage Street in Bar Harbor. We have field checklists, Field guides, Binoculars and excellent flexible schedules.

Report Details

Date range:

Jul 15, 2013

Total # of Species:

49

Total # of Checklists:

5

Location(s):   Belgrade Lake and Marsh overlook; Bicknell's Thrush Hotspot Saddleback Mountain; Depot Road Purple Martin Hotspot; Saddleback Mountain; Travel to Saddleback Mountain

 

Summary

 

Jul 15

Number of Species

49

0 comments:

Post a Comment