Monday 1 February 2021

[Maine-birds] Redwing & Dicksissel - YES

Spent the morning at Capisic Pond looking for the Redwing, Dicksissels, and Black-Headed Grosbeak. 

With the help of a fellow birder, I saw the Redwing in the brush on the right (west) side of the trail not far from the footbridge.  It was in the thickets, feeding mostly on the ground.  Got good looks with binoculars but with all the brush, it wasn't possible to get a good camera shot when I was there.

Then, went up the hill to the house with feeders (just before the footbridge on the east side of the trail).   There were lots of sparrows at the feeders but no Black Headed Grosbeak.  However, I did get a great look at a Dicksissel on the feeder next to one of the house windows.

Moved on to the house with the feeders next to Lucas Street.  When I arrived, I was told I missed the Grosbeak by a few minutes.  It had come in quickly and flew off right away.  I watched for a long while, started down the trail again, and apparently it flew in again and I missed it.  Watched for quite awhile longer without success and went back to where I seen the Dicksissel.  When I returned to feeders at Lucas Street, I learned I missed it a 3rd time.  Stood around for an hour hoping it would come back but it didn't.  By that time I was so cold, I decided to call it quits.  All this is to say that while I did not see it, others did so it was around today.

--
Maine birds mailing list
maine-birds@googlegroups.com
http://groups.google.com/group/maine-birds
https://sites.google.com/site/birding207
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Maine birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to maine-birds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/maine-birds/CADuW3YJZzc22%3D2qbTKtxWCoZkf0uvhdTvJoEBpCLPMcqKW8%2B7g%40mail.gmail.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment