Friday 25 May 2012

Re: [Maine-birds] I tink I have a Whip'poor will

This is  West Bethel, within sight of the Gilead line,  on the Pleasant River. 
 
mixed habitat-- open fields, mixed hard/softwood, horse pastures,  brushy/swampy stream, small pond.   
 
Sue
 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, May 25, 2012 7:11 AM
Subject: RE: [Maine-birds] I tink I have a Whip'poor will

Sue – please provide the location for the sighting – the bird may be a first arrival for your geophysical area.

 

Thanks,

 

Al Haury

Waterville

 

-----Original Message-----
From:  [mailto:maine-birds@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Sue Burnham
Sent:
Thursday, May 24, 2012 9:28 PM
To: Maine-birds
Subject: [Maine-birds] I tink I have a Whip'poor will

 

Of  course I  can' t see it, because it only vocalises  just  after dark and  just before   first light.  But  I  tink  that is what  I'm hearing. 

Sometimes the   " whip" is   stuttered in the vocalization.   Lovely predicament with   catbirds to the right,  brown thashers to the left.  Mimic's  all around. 

 

 

Sue

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment