Wednesday, 11 December 2013

[Maine-birds] Snowy Millinocket

There was a Snowy on the "park road" near "Painted Rock" aka the "Keep Maine Beautiful Rock" on the way to Baxter late in the afternoon.  Re-checked the area yesterday morning and did not relocate the bird. Possibly the same bird that a friend mentioned the middle of October as a "white owl" on the Golden Road. Either way, suspect it or they, were or are working the pole lines. The bird I saw was sitting in the middle of the road when I approach, grabbed its prey and flew off over the hill. The road is not plowed and officially closes to automobile traffic the 15th or when there is 6 inches of snow which ever comes first from what I am told.

--
Maine birds mailing list
maine-birds@googlegroups.com
http://groups.google.com/group/maine-birds
https://sites.google.com/site/birding207
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Maine birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to maine-birds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment