Friday 21 September 2012

[Maine-birds] backyard birds Bangor

My yard came alive this morning.  The Juncoes and White-throated Sparrows came back together, it seems.  The usual Chickadees, Titmice, Nuthatches and Goldfinches were at the feeders, but the crazy Chickadees were trying to cache seeds in the towels on my clothesline.  Failing that, while I was watching the Juncoes with my binoculars, a Chickadee tapped on the back pocket of the corduroys I'm wearing, a very strange sensation indeed.  I had my camera, but I defy even Dave Small to get a photo of a chickadee on his own back pocket.

It appears that I still have some less-than-mature Goldfinches, judging from the calls and the wing fluttering I'm seeing.

In addition, yesterday near Bangor Mall I saw a flock of Waxwings fly across I-95 and four Turkeys beside the road.  I think it's fall.

--
Maine birds mailing list
maine-birds@googlegroups.com
http://groups.google.com/group/maine-birds
https://sites.google.com/site/birding207

0 comments:

Post a Comment