Monday 24 September 2012

[Maine-birds] Phippsburg Horned grebe

Phippsburg, me Map 6 Totman Cove

Had a Horned grebe off Bailey Point rocks last evening! VERYYYYY early for that. I also saw a week or so ago (it's in eBird) a Red-necked grebe, also stupid early for that. These guys are winter birds here and very common, but not this time of year. 
Kingfisher remains chattering on my peir - female
Northern yellow-shafted flickers passing through 
Sharp-shinned hawk has been feeder filching for a week. Has picked off Modos, Bluejay and chickadee that I know of. Zipping between my neighbor's feeder and mine. 

So, I'm hoping with this odd winter sea bird action that a Pacific Loon will show up in here this year. Wish me luck. Oh, heck - be greedy: Yellow Billed. Yup. that's my prayer. 


Robin R Robinson
Birding The Burg
http://robins-chaos.blogspot.com
http://robinrobinsonmaine.com

"On the internet", the dog using the keyboard reassures his canine friend, "nobody knows you're a Dog."



 

0 comments:

Post a Comment