Thursday 25 April 2013

[Maine-birds] Response to Recent Posts

Hello Maine-birders:

It is never fun to post without any birds to report but I wanted to address some recent issues on the listserv:

First of all, I want to reiterate my brief message from yesterday. I won't tolerate harassment on the listserv. It has been brought to my attention that the offender also emailed members privately who posted yesterday after I removed his posting privileges. I apologize for not realizing he could still respond to people directly but he has since been removed completely. Please contact me directly if you receive any harassing messages as a result of a post on the listserv.

Second, a point I cannot stress enough: this listserv is for reporting wild bird sightings within Maine. Any questions or comments directed to or at a specific person should be sent to them directly and not posted to the entire group. This is not a place for an airing of grievances; if you have an issue with another member then please contact me directly and do not post complaints to the entire listserv.

And a final word on formatting: I want to encourage everyone to use descriptive subject lines. Including the reason (species name) and location can really help in filtering the high volume of messages that are sent through the listserv. Also, this is not required but please sign your posts (name and town). It is nice to know who is in our community!

In closing, I've received a lot of private emails regarding some of the messages from this past week. I hope this answers most of the questions or complaints but please bear with me while I wade through my inbox. And anyways, spring migration is ramping up, get off your computer and go look at birds!

Good birding,


Doug Hitchcox
Hollis, ME

--
--
Maine birds mailing list
maine-birds@googlegroups.com
http://groups.google.com/group/maine-birds
https://sites.google.com/site/birding207

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Maine birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to maine-birds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment