Sunday 19 July 2020

[Maine-birds] Ospreys near SMCC in South Portland.

Does anyone know if there is a second active Osprey nest in the area ?  
There has not been any activity on the SMCC platform for several years now.  
I always enjoyed watching the birds on that nest - very close to shore - great for photos. 
I was at Bug Light Saturday around 6pm and saw two Ospreys - each carrying a fish - few over the parking area heading in the direction of SMCC. 
They went out of my sight behind the trees.
I went over to SMCC a little later and found an Osprey perched on one of the tall light poles on the pipeline wharf near the shoreline.  
There is an active nest way out on the pipeline pier but the birds I saw did not go out there with their catch.   
 Because they were both carrying fish, I am thinking that there might be another nest in the area, closer to shore.  
 I was not able to locate it. 
Please let me know where it is if you have found it. 
Thanks,
Marie Jordan


--
Maine birds mailing list
maine-birds@googlegroups.com
http://groups.google.com/group/maine-birds
https://sites.google.com/site/birding207
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Maine birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to maine-birds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/maine-birds/CAGgiPfhYSKbtpyUDe23h759utrWHhJkRuhSZzQuDhHVuoTJi4g%40mail.gmail.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment