Monday 19 October 2020

[Maine-birds] King Fisher - Sebasticook River - Benton - Blue Birds - Waterville - thousands of crows

I paddled the Sebasticook River from Clinton to Benton yesterday late
afternoon.  It was the 5th time in two weeks.  River is low, but
runable.  The river is up from the draw down of Sabasticook Lake and the
recent rains.  I saw a Belted Kingfisher to my surprise.  There were
many ducks and geese and not much else.

Yesterday, I watched at least 3 pairs of blue birds flitting around, in
and out of three tree swallow box nests on my farm. They were fun to
watch.  They did not mind my presence.  I took some photos.  I assume
they will make the boxes their home for the winter.

Today, there were thousands of crows in the trees east and north off
Exit 130 off I-95.  They are everywhere in the area of Main St,
Industrial Rd (near Eagle Rental), Armory Rd.  I just wonder what they
eat.  How does the area support their food needs? /Allan

--
Maine birds mailing list
maine-birds@googlegroups.com
http://groups.google.com/group/maine-birds
https://sites.google.com/site/birding207
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Maine birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to maine-birds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/maine-birds/fd41ceae-6de0-fe24-30a7-d4674d87701a%40gmail.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment