Friday, 13 December 2013

[Maine-birds] Popham Beach - Golden Eagle

An adult (early?) Golden Eagle soared and flew w/ steady strokes by the marsh at Popham Beach as dusk descended this evening, heading into the stiff  West wind. 

First reaction was gestalt ("that's neither a TV nor a Bgl").  If I had thought of it, I would have fired off a video, but I don't know how to do that with the new camera yet.  I did manage to grab a fistful of bad photos which indicate the right underwing pattern, a pale nape, the right proportions of the wing parts., and the right size and shape of head.  For the most part, though, these are simply silhouettes. 

The bird was headed west, down the coast toward Cumberland and York.  Might be worth looking for on your CBC. 

--
Maine birds mailing list
maine-birds@googlegroups.com
http://groups.google.com/group/maine-birds
https://sites.google.com/site/birding207
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Maine birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to maine-birds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment