After a so-so sweep of southern Maine, trying to find some lee mostly, I was returning home via Rt 295, crossing the Fore River, just to the E of the Portland Int. Jetport, at 4:30 PM (dusk). A Snowy Owl swept up from the right (E) and tried to cross the fast-moving lines of traffic (both directions) at an altitude lower than the cars' rooftops. It made it to the West side, but just barely. It had to suddenly raise its level of flight to get over a car. I believe the driver of that car saw the bird. I doubt the driver had time to ID the bird.
-- Maine birds mailing list
maine-birds@googlegroups.com
http://groups.google.com/group/maine-birds
https://sites.google.com/site/birding207
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Maine birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to maine-birds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
0 comments:
Post a Comment