Monday 24 February 2014

[Maine-birds] Scarborough to Campobello

Attempting to make some good use of my "Maine Birding Trail" book, I spent the weekend seeing the sights and birds (though not as many as I'd hoped!) along a good portion of the coast.  Bob, Scott, and others have posted on some of the places I stopped (and frankly they seem to have found more interesting birds than I did anyway).  But I did enjoy seeing Purple Sandpipers at Quoddy Head State Park, Bohemian Waxwings near the Lubec sand bar, a few Red-Necked Grebes here and there (including one already in nearly full breeding colors at Great Wass Island reserve), Hooded Merganser in East Machias, large numbers of Eagles, and a couple "big dark" robins along the way.  Unfortunately, I struck out on most of my bird "wish list" for the weekend but had a blast seeing some beautiful places.  Non-birds included a couple seals at Acadia and Roosevelt International Park, plus a close skunk in Cherryfield.

I noticed lots of Eiders flying north, too.  Back home, when I woke up this morning the cardinals were singing very cheerily.

Kyle Te Poel
East Winthrop

--
Maine birds mailing list
maine-birds@googlegroups.com
http://groups.google.com/group/maine-birds
https://sites.google.com/site/birding207
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Maine birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to maine-birds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment