Wednesday 25 July 2012

[Maine-birds] bird id.

Hi all, could use a little help with some birds from the weekend,

bird 1 - on the trail on Mt. Kineo, she (?) was gathering nesting material on the ground before flying off after I got a few pictures, partially blocked by brush I'm afraid.  Thought possible 
Philadelphia vireo - 

bird 2 - baby, Frye Mtn.  While out butterfly catching , saw large amount bird poop on the ground, looked up and saw this guy, sitting happily by himself, good sized fledgling, bigger than a waxwing which was my initial thought.  On my way back down the road I saw some large, long tailed birds hovering in the area, but did not have my binocs and they had dispersed by the time I got closer.  There were some Catbirds calling in the area.

pics should be here:

http://catbird338.shutterfly.com/pictures/15#14

Thanks,
Sarah 

0 comments:

Post a Comment